Friday, April 24, 2009

Guilty Pleasures: 16 Free Romance Reads


It's rare these days when I squeal with delight. (It sounds funny just to type it.) But squeal I did when I read about Harlequin's FREE book download from the Barnes & Noble website. Make that downloads as there are 16 free books in all. Yippeeeee!

As one who was a closet romance novel reader for a few years before "coming out," I'm very proud to share this gift with everyone (all 4 of you loyal friends who might be reading this!). Be warned, the downloads are low-tech: PDF files. No Kindle or Sony Reader downloads here. Who cares? Free books!

I almost never read Harlequin books, but I'm looking forward to sampling some of the romance genres represented among the freebies. NASCAR romance, anyone?

And for any non-romance readers, B&N is also giving away nine FREE MP3 Audiobook downloads as well. An interesting mix of authors, such as Kurt Vonnegut, Mark Twain and Alice Munro. Something for everyone.

So get to reading already!

Image from eHarlequin.com

No comments: