Monday, July 27, 2009

Half-Staff


Today on the drive home from Austin I noticed that all the flags in New Braunfels, and only New Braunfels, were at half-staff. I asked Dylan if he knew anything about it. He had no clue either, and we both thought it was unusual.

Tonight I googled for an answer to my question. According to the Herald-Zeitung (the New Braunfels/Comal County newspaper) website, the flags were being flown at half-staff in honor of a New Braunfels man who was killed in action in Iraq on July 19.

Today he returned home forever. And through Monday, his hometown pays tribute to a Marine who fell fighting for his country. He was 20 years old.

With a very grateful heart, I say a small prayer for him and his family tonight. Thank you, Lance Corporal Brandon T. Lara.

No comments: