Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Six Weird Things

Was backreading my friend Tyra's enormously enjoyable blog today and read where she "tagged" me on Sunday, December 03, 2006, so it's my turn to be "it", only 4 1/2 months later . . . !

SIX WEIRD THINGS ABOUT MYSELF

1. I've never seen E.T. (the movie). I have seen snippets of the film, probably about 5 minutes worth at a time, but never the whole thing. And it's about 25 years old?!

2. I am hypercritical of myself. Sometimes I relive entire conversations I have had with people in my head, and then suddenly will scream or moan or swear when I remember what silly/stupid/inane/boring things I said. Then whoever is around me will look up at me, startled, and I will feel silly/stupid/inane/boring all over again.

3. I was a Girl Scout Troop Leader before I even had any kids. Before I even knew I would have daughters. I was a troop leader for a bunch of girls whose parents were "too busy" to volunteer, and now that I am a parent myself, I totally understand why!

4. I attended four elementary schools for K-6. (Tyra still wins the prize!) ABC Land (Kinder), St. Mary's School (1st-2nd), Morningside Elementary (3rd & 1/2 of 4th), McCoy Elementary (1/2 of 4th - 6th). The really weird thing is that my father was not in the military! (Many people assume this when they learn how many schools I went to as a young child). I also attended two high schools, Newman Smith (9th-10th) and Churchill (11th-12th). So basically, every 2 years I went to a new or different school!

5. I don't like big jewelry (real or fake) or yellow gold. All the other women in my family do.

6. I have been "writing" a romance novel in my head for several years. I work on it when I'm in bed and can't sleep.

The first person to read this, besides Tyra, please consider yourself "tagged" and now you get to be "it"!

No comments: