Thursday, September 04, 2008

Decisions

Excerpt from the New York Observer, 9/1/08:

Palin and her husband, Todd, said their daughter plans to marry the child's father - who sources said is Levi Johnston - and that both "are going to realize very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family." Johnston, 17, who is entering his senior year at Wasilla HS, plays on the school hockey team and was once teammates on a youth squad with Palin's older brother, Track, 19, who is now in the Army. Despite suffering a cracked bone in his shin last season, Johnston scored 24 goals in 24 games. "We don't want to talk about this," said a woman who answered the phone at the Johnston home. On his MySpace page, Johnston boasts, "I'm a f - - -in' redneck" who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes. "But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s- - - and just f - - -in' chillin' I guess." "Ya f - - - with me I'll kick [your] ass," he added. He also claims to be "in a relationship," but states, "I don't want kids."

I'm happy for Bristol Palin that she has made the very grown-up decision to keep her baby. I just hope she isn't being pressured into marrying the father, instead of someone she really loves and wants to spend her life with. Choosing to have a baby doesn't ruin your life. But marrying the wrong person can. Her intended hasn't said anything on his MySpace page that would be considered unusual for an 18 year old boy, and he's probably a nice enough guy, but still . . .

I wish them well.

No comments: