Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Why I Love HEB


An item I found on CNN's website today:


Araceli Garcia's quarter-mile trip to the grocery store Tuesday morning took 2 ½ hours. She came away with $72 worth of food from the H-E-B supermarket and considers herself blessed.
"I got my eggs," the 32-year-old Humble, Texas, resident said. "I don't know how they're doing it."
In the aftermath of Hurricane Ike, the supermarket was letting in just 20 people at a time, she said, and the long wait didn't annoy customers just happy to have a place to buy basic needs. Of Kroger, Target and Wal-Mart near her home, Garcia said, only H-E-B was fully functional.
"H-E-B is going to be the hero of the day," Garcia said.
The company said on its Web site it had brought in 500 employees from across Texas to get its Houston area stores up and running.


H-E-B stands for "Here Everything's Better." It's true! I'm so proud to be a an HEB shopper!
Thank God for companies like HEB that go that extra mile (or more) to serve our communities. During a crisis like this, we are all so vulnerable in so many ways. Just being able to buy something to feed your family becomes an ordeal. Very humbling. I feel so lucky to live away from the hurricane's path.

No comments: