Thursday, June 22, 2006

Editing Myself


My oh my! I haven't posted a blog since last Fall! But *in my head* I have written some fantastic pieces . . . really! My OFFICIAL reason for not blogging is the lack of time I've had since last Sept. The real, deep down reason is that I am secretly afraid to put words down on paper (ok, computer) that represent me, my thoughts, my opinions, etc. Even when I know no one is reading them! Strange? Silly? Yes! But there you go . . . it's true. So I must simply "get over myself" and "get out of my own way" and just type my thoughts away, without editing myself as I go along. Who cares what someone who might actually be reading my blog thinks? Not I! (anymore!)

That has always been a problem for me-- editing myself. Or rather, selling myself short, thinking I am uninteresting, uninspired, unskilled, incapable, and a host of other words that start with 'un' or 'in' that are negative. Fear of something or other, even if I'm the only one who knows it, has stopped me from doing/saying many things in my 35 years. Aren't I finally old enough to do/say/think the things I really want to do/say/think?! Yes, I think I am, so welcome back to my blogspot, Me!

No comments: