Thursday, January 22, 2009

Icky

From a blogger I follow daily and whose writing I admire, on watching Obama's inauguration:

The pastor is speaking now. He irritates me. He is sooo pompous and full of himself. I can feel huge ego emanating from him. Icky.

Thank God, he is done. Now Aretha Franklin is going to sing. Hopefully that will get the taste of that pastor out of my mouth.

YES, that is exactly how I felt watching him on Tuesday! Icky indeed. I am not into his books. I have never trusted him. Gave one of his books away when I received it as a gift (from someone I can't stand anyway).

I'm just glad Warren's bit part was at the beginning of the event rather than the end. The "rhyming reverend" Lowery gave a warm and even humorous (who says you can't smile and laugh in prayer?!) benediction to close out the event. Some have said his words were racist, but I wasn't offended (and I'm the "yellow" one). I liked him and his genuine words way more than Pastor Icky.

No comments: