Friday, February 19, 2010

Creative Writing 101: Five Things

Me and my Pink Giraffe, a gift from my godmother, in 1971.

You can only keep five things you have. What will they be?

Well, if I'm taking this prompt literally, then aside from my husband and kids, the "things" I would keep are:
  • My wedding ring
  • Thalia's baby book
  • Carys's yellow ducky blanket (any one of the four she owns)
  • My oversized pink giraffe stuffed animal from 1971
  • The external hard drive attached to my computer (Is that cheating? It technically holds more than 5 files.)
Each is meaningful in its own way. If my house ever caught on fire, I hope I could at least save one of these '5 things.' However, in the end, the most important things in life aren't "things"; the most important things in my life are my family.

No comments: