Tuesday, February 23, 2010

FoodieLicious: Spicy Chicken Dip

Key ingredient: Spicy Chicken Dip

One of my foodie delights is to eat an entire meal made up of snacks and appetizer foods, all of which are totally bad for me. Chowing down on spicy, cheesy, creamy snacks--what could be more decadent? Televised sporting events give us good opportunities to do this. I missed the Superbowl, but I celebrated UT being in the National Championship Game with an impressive (given that it was just for me, my hubby and kids) menu of yummy junky food:

Shrimp Cocktail Dip
Guacamole
Kid-friendly Queso
Mini Fish Tacos
Hot Wings
Honey Wings
Salmon Mousse
Tortilla Chips
Potato Chips
Crackers
Crudites (gotta throw in something healthy)
Beer
Hot Chocolate
And . . . Spicy Chicken Dip!

Spicy Chicken Dip is this awesome dip I had at our Troop's Holiday Party in 2008, made by my friend Pam. I could eat it all day if it weren't so spicy! But it's still soooo good.

So if you're inclined to have a sybaritic meal of snacks soon, try this one:

Pam's Spicy Chicken Dip

8oz cream cheese
2 cups cheddar cheese
6oz hot sauce
8oz ranch dressing
2 chicken breasts cooked and diced up

Melt together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, hot sauce and ranch dressing. Stir in the diced chicken.
Serve with tortilla chips.

My Notes: Pam serves this with homemade fried tortilla chips. Whatever. I have also added a small package of blue cheese, thus making it a Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip!

No comments: