Saturday, November 29, 2008

Getting To Know You: The Holiday Edition 2008

I love receiving the 'Getting to Know You' emails! I always answer the questions and forward to my friends, hoping they'll all respond, because I always learn something new about people I've known forever. This year, I am posting the Holiday Edition I'll be sending out to my friends and family (might as well get the ball rolling):

Getting to Know You: Holiday Edition

Fill out the questionnaire, replacing my answers with yours (of course!).

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I like to do both. I have too much of both thanks to several years of selling both for school fundraisers at two schools!

2. Real or artificial tree?
Artificial all the way. I find it sad watching a real tree slowly fall apart over several weeks.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Either the day of Thanksgiving or day after. No later than 2 days after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually no later than the 2nd weekend in Jan.

5. Do you like eggnog?
No way! I can't stand the smell of it; I think it's the nutmeg I can't stand. But amazingly, I bake tons of stuff with it and everyone just loves it, except for me!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I loved alot of my toys, and I love the memories of them even more, so I don't have any one favorite.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My Dad. He has everything and wants nothing expensive.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes, we have 2. One is made up of dolls and the other is Fisher-Price. Very kid friendly.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. I have to send cards--I sell them!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Pretty much anything given to me by my mother-in-law, especially the year she gave me the gift I had given her for her bday!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Miracle on 34th Street, 1994 version. I just love that little girl!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I shop almost all through the year. My shopping for the following Xmas starts on Dec 26 and usually ends in Sept. I like to have everything wrapped by Veterans Day in Nov.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Spritz cookies, Honey-baked ham, anything sinfully chocolate.

16. Multicolor or White lights on the tree?
White.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Angels We Have Heard on High' to sing. 'Carol of the Bells' and 'Breath of Heaven (Mary's Song)' to listen to.

18. Travel or stay home
at Christmas? Travel.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We had an angel for 11 years and just bought a star last year!

21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Grew up opening Xmas Eve but now make my kids wait until morning!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Just about everything. Is that sad?

23. Favorite ornament, theme or color?
My favorite ornaments are the ones we've bought during our travels.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Prime Rib.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Good health.

No comments: