Wednesday, November 26, 2008

In Mourning

Tonight Thalia, Carys and I had another "girls night" at Nordstrom Cafe Bistro at La Cantera. I was so disappointed with the food. My Rosemary Chicken Ciabatta Sandwich, which I order all the time, was a good 3 inches shorter than usual. I was actually still hungry when I left, which is not usually the case. The fries on the kids' meals were kind of over-fried-- over-crispy to almost burnt. Pathetic little strawberries instead of the lovely fat ones. The order taker forgot to place one of the girls' orders, and our waiter forgot to our silverware and requested condiments.

I hate when a favorite restaurant disappoints. It's like a broken friendship. Even the kids noticed it. Sad, sad, sad. I had actually noticed the slide in quality a few visits back but was in denial. What are we to do? We live not very close to any good restaurants, especially ones that are not part of a huge international chain. Nordstrom Cafe Bistro was a rare gem-- five minutes from my house, cloth napkins, friendly waitstaff who indulge my children. And it's at the mall, which is my natural habitat.

I'll be mourning the loss of a good place to eat that was also quite healthy. Maybe I'll give them another chance, but it probably won't ever be the same.

No comments: