Thursday, November 06, 2008

Mrs. O

Photo from Mrs. O blog

Another fashion-forward blog I'm enjoying--Mrs. O. Yes, Mrs. O spends lots of money (sometimes) on her clothes, just like Mrs. P supposedly did. But Mrs. O paid for them herself! No wealthy donors footing the bill or unsuspecting aides surreptitiously using their own credit cards to throw off the trail. (Mrs. O is a Harvard-education lawyer who worked for a living, for God's sake--she probably has some money in her bank account, unlike the used-to-be Miss Alaska.)

Photo from Google Images

And according to the Mrs. O blog, sometimes Mrs. O just likes to buy off the rack like everyone else, even online in the middle of the night like I do! J Crew on sale! (I can relate to that. I can't relate to $150,000+ spending sprees at Neiman's for my entire family paid for by someone else. Not that it wouldn't be nice. But nice doesn't make it right or ethical, does it?)

Then there's Mrs. Obama's "dress" from Tuesday night's victory speech. It was the kind of dress that made you cock your head to the side and say "huh?" It's also an expensive dress--Narciso Rodriguez. The next day I saw the dress on a runway model; it looked awesome on her. On Mrs. O's very tall frame, not so awesome.

But this is America! She can wear whatever she wants! And I'm hooked on her clothes blog anyway. I think Mrs. O's style will be a nice change from Mrs. B, who for the past 8 years has pretty much looked like a very sweet, slightly boring librarian.

Photo from Google Images

No comments: