Monday, November 03, 2008

Things I've Bought That I Love

Photo from Google Images

I love the show 'The Office.' I didn't always, but it grew on me very quickly. I think the reason I didn't just love it instantly was because the setting and the characters were a little too real--dingy, boring office with not-beautiful, very ordinary-looking people. Just like EVERY OFFICE I'VE EVER WORKED IN. And Pam . . . I was "Pam" at several places of employment . . . I felt her pain. I indignantly noted to Dylan, the first time we watched the show, how unattractive the characters were. This is TV for pete's sake! He replied that it was just like a real office, and over time, the people you work with start to look nicer, prettier, better-looking, etc. because you just get used to them. hahaha

Anyway, one of the funniest characters, although not a main one, is the Indian-American, Kelly. I see her as an Asian-American airhead, and have known several like her. So funny! Her story line with Ryan-the-temp-turned-executive cracks me up. It turns out that the actress who plays her, Mindy Kaling, is also a comedy writer and was originally hired as a writer for the show. (That explains why she does not look like your typical "actress" and hooray for that). Mindy also, coincidentally, loves to shop, and writes a blog as Mindy Ephron called Things I've Bought That I Love. Although the blog hasn't been updated in a while, there are some great posts. Lots of shoe love going on for sure. The funny thing is that she writes just as you might expect 'Kelly' to!

I hope Mindy/Kelly/Vera (her real name is apparently Vera) finds time to post something new soon. I have enjoyed back-reading her posts! I love to shop too.

No comments: