Monday, November 10, 2008

Girl Scout Cookie Overload

Photo from Google Images

This year, from January to March, was Thalia's first ever Girl Scout Cookie Sale. Because I am her Girl Scout leader, and because we were all so excited about the cookies, we bought quite a few boxes for ourselves. My business also ordered a case to donate to charity, and all I can say is thank God those cookies didn't end up in our house too!

Needless to say, we still have quite a few boxes left, and at the same time, this week are gearing up for Cookie Sale 2009. Uh-oh. We need to get rid of these cookies. I served several flavors at our recent Girl Scout Pot-Luck at our house, but we still have so many left.

I remembered tonight that I have this awesome recipe to use up Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies, and I am posting it just in case someone else out there ordered a few too many cookies too:

Thin Mints Pizza Supreme

From Every Day with Rachael Ray, April 2007 (but I got the recipe originally from my friend Casey's friend Kathryn who is a great cook!)

1 18-oz pkg refrigerated choc chip cookie dough
1/2 box Girl Scout Thin Mints (about 20 cookies)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (6 oz)
2 Tbsp. heavy cream or half-and-half

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12" pizza or 9x13" baking dish with parchment paper. Using fingers, press cookie dough to fit pan. Break Thin Mints into quarters and gently press into dough. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 min. Let cool.

2. Meanwhile, in a double boiler, whisk together the white choc chips and cream until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Using a fork, drizzle the topping over the cooled pizza. Cut into slices.

So easy! I am going to be making this one several times during the Thanksgiving-to-New Years rush. Cookie Sale starts January 1, 2009, so I'll just have enough time!

1 comment:

AnnieBlogs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.