Tuesday, November 25, 2008

On the Cusp

I just discovered a new store/website that I love the other day: CUSP. As in "on the cusp of fashion." It's owned by Neiman Marcus, which I think is how I found out about it (I was browsing Horchow's site, I believe). It's like NM for the younger crowd. I'm actually not the target demographic for these stores, I'm probably too old, but I love the stuff on the website. It's like they weeded out the ridiculously expensive and the "stuffy" stuff that I would never buy and trimmed it down to just the cool stuff. I also like that there's not a huge, cumbersome selection online. Who needs to choose from dozens and dozens of jeans?

I'm currently looking at some Tory Burch bags on their site; good sales right now on some cute designs. I read that she is a "working Mom" which makes me like her more!

I rarely, rarely shop at Neiman Marcus, the actual store. I do buy frequently from their website, which does not have snooty hourly-wage employees. However, if a Cusp ever does open in Texas, I'd be very interested in shopping there. Somehow, I think it would have a completely different vibe from the posh, grandma-ish feel of NM.

Cusp has apparently been open for a couple of years now, but as I don't live in any of the cities they're located in AND I'm too old to be really hip, it's a nice new discovery for me!

No comments: