Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

Photo from countryaccentspa.com

Tonight is Thanksgiving eve, and I've already baked and frosted my pumpkin cupcakes (and licked the frosting bowl!), made Dallas's 'Company Sweet Potatoes' (messed up and had to start over), and whipped through my homemade Mac & Cheese recipe. I also picked up our favorite Pumpkin Cheesecake from Costco. I'm ready for tomorrow's marathon of eating!

As I'm taking a break from cleaning up after all of that, I am pausing to say thanks to God for all of my blessings: the gift of life, my husband, my girls, my parents, my brother and his new wife, many relatives near and far, old friends, new friends, new acquaintances who may become friends, good health, youth, shelter, nourishing food, clean water, education, employment, freedom, the future and good luck.

Thanksgiving isn't about the turkey, it's about giving thanks, and this year in particular, I have much to be thankful for.

No comments: